Baba Tree Basket Company
Market Basket 16"
These iconic African baskets are the quintessential farmers’ market basket. Perfect for gathering your fresh grown produce from the garden, taking a picnic to the park or a stylish storage solution for kids toys; the options are limitless.
The Bolga Baskets are woven from elephant grass which grows abundantly in the region. The grass is harvested and each piece split down the middle, the two halves are then twisted together to give it added strength. The grass is dyed in bundles with mineral and plant dyes and/or non-toxic fabric dyes to give the bright modern colours and patterns that we've all come to know. The baskets are woven from the base to the top taking up to 3 days to weave one large, round Market Basket. To finish off the basket a leather artisan skillfully binds the handle with soft leather.
- Elephant grass with leather handle
- Natural and non-toxic fabric dyes
- Ghana, Africa
- 40cm diameter x 25cm high (not including handle). Slight variations occur from basket to basket due to their unique hand-woven nature.
- Unique-one of a kind
- Keep out of bright light as the colours will fade in direct sunlight.
- These baskets may need to be reshaped after being in transit. Fully malleable and easy to reshape, simply immerse in cold water for a few minutes and adjust while wet. Avoid getting leather handle wet.